I don't know if you have ever heard of it but it is totally a thing- Corset training!! Women have been using these Burlesque inspired corsets for this exact purpose since the early 1900s. To acquire a small waist to give you an hourglass silhouette.
The modern and edgy woman corset is sexy but many also use it as a form of weight loss. The "diet" has a lot of aims including improvement of your health, lifestyle and physical appearance. Jessica Alba reportedly used the corset diet with great results, loosing all her baby weight over the course of just three months.
"I wore a double corset day and night for three months,” she told Shape magazine. “It was brutal; it’s not for everyone.” However, she went on to say it was "sweaty but worth it."
The main attribute of the corset diet is that it restricts the waist, tricking the stomach into thinking it is full, thus reducing appetite.
What to remember: Although you cannot gain instant waist reduction with a corset, you can improve your figure quickly just by tightening the laces.
Steps for Best Corset Training
1. NEVER tie the laces around the waist. This will lead to marks on the waist.
2. The stitches and boning in a corset will slowly form to your body, so tightening of the corset will need to be done after just a few days.
3. Correct size of corset is key the diet’s success. With just gentle pressure on the tummy area, you can reduce the capacity for food and give the feeling of fullness.
4. There should be a gentle hugging sensation from wearing the corset that is comforting and never painful.
5. The first few days the corset should only be worn for a few hours. Once you have become used to the feel of the corset it should be worn between 9 am and 9 p.m.
Find these corsets from RebelsMarket here
Does Waist Training Work?
Waist training DOES WORK, it's been around forever and people have seen results. Steel boned corsets will make your stomach look flatter and you will instantly lose a dress size or 2 while wearing the garment. I dont know about you but I am ready to get in a corset and try it out in time for fall!
Results You Can Expect With Corset Training
The corset will improve your posture and reduce your waist dimension, leading to a pleasing and poised appearance. After a long period of time, the corset will feel loose even with fully tightened laces. When this occurs another smaller corset will be required. Repeat the same process as with the first corset, wearing just an hour the first day.
Have you ever tried waist training? Did it work for you? Comment below.